About Us

First Southern Timeline

  • 1910
  • 1923
  • 1933
  • 1947
  • 1961
  • 1967
  • 1974
  • 1975
  • 1996
  • 1996
  • 2002
  • 2003
  • 2008
  • 2017
  • 2019

1910 

First National Bank of Stevenson opened in bustling downtown Stevenson, AL, with William J. Tally as President.

 

1923

Jesse Z. Schultz assumes office of President.

1933

G. H. McMahan the led bank through the end of the Great Depression and World War II.

1947

Judge Walter R. Bogart named President.

1961

Clyde Woodall named President.

1967

Branch office opened in Higdon.

1974

First introduced ATMs to the community.

1975

Bunn Lovelady named President. Main Office moved to current location at 80 Bank Street, Stevenson.

1996

Mr. Lovelady ceded Presidency to Mike Ellenburg, but continued as Chairman of the Board.

1996

Scottsboro office opened.

2002

Rainsville and Fort Payne South offices opened.

2003

Introduced debit cards and online banking. Young Leaders program established.

2008

Fort Payne North, Centre and Leesburg offices opened.

2017

Mr. Ellenburg steps down as President, but remains as Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors. Jack Lovelady takes over at President.

2019

Albertville and Crossville offices opened.